Sunday, February 28, 2016

February... My favorite thing

Take time to sit back and think what have I done differently this month? What new experiences from the month can I add to my life? What steps have I taken towards my goals? This month I want to share with you my favorite donut shop.



Favorite Donut Shop- Duck Donuts

I may have passed two Dunkin Donuts and one Krispy Kreme to get to this place. Was it worth it? YASSSSS!!! Tucked in and around the Harris Teeter in Dilworth right off of East Blvd in the Kenilworth Shopping Center. When I realized by mixing and matching the ingredients below you could make hundreds of donut concoctions. All donuts start with an amazing vanilla based cake like"Old Fashion" but lighter donut. All donuts are made to order so no donuts sitting under lights up in here!! Duck Donuts came to Charlotte, NC in September 2015 as a franchise but it started in Duck, NC a small town on the Outer Banks.

Coating Choices:

Bare
Cinnamon Sugar
Powdered Sugar
Glazed
Vanilla Icing
Chocolate Icing
Lemon Icing
Peanut Butter Icing
Maple Icing
Strawberry Icing

Topping Choices:

Shredded Coconut
Chocolate Sprinkles
Rainbow Sprinkles
Chopped Peanuts
Bacon






When it came time to choose which donut favor I wanted I was at a lose for words. I asked the server about the most popular donuts but to make sure I get one of those Maple icing donuts topped with bacon AKA Maple Bacon BAM!!


Top: Cinnamon bun, Maple Bacon, Reese's Peanut butter,
Bottom: chocolate icing with chocolate sprinkles, Maple icing with powdered sugar, Zebra donut chocolate and vanilla icing

What have you done, seen, made, tasted new this month? 

Make Duck Donuts your new donut spot it is definitely mine. I am Doneisha and this is my so-called southern life.

1 comment:

  1. someone in my fiance's office brought in some duck's donuts and he said they were pretty fantastic! i'm not sure i could ever decide what combination to pick--i'd definitely have to get at least a dozen. :)

    ReplyDelete