Monday, February 15, 2016

Behind every successful man is a woman: Michelle Obama

President’s Day…NO! First Lady’s Day





Her career

Michelle Obama is a first lady I can finally relate to. She is black, intelligent, pretty and last but

not least stylist. Michelle Obama is considered a fashion icon by some and a great role model

for all women. I am inspired by her advocacy for poverty awareness, nutrition, physical activity

and healthy eating. I am inspired by her efforts to make a legacy for herself


Quick Facts
Full Name: Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama
Born: 1/17/1964 (honored by many #girlswithpearls)
Place of Birth: DeYoung, Ill (20 minutes from downtown Chicago)
Education: BA Princeton University, Sociology and African American Studies, Juris Doctorate
degree from Harvard Law

Let’s Move! is a comprehensive initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the
challenge of childhood obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up
healthier and able to pursue their dreams. (website: http://www.letsmove.gov,
My letter to my first lady:
Dear Mrs. Obama,
I’m not sure where to start. Thank you for being a strong black woman and a role model. While
researching for today’s blog I was re-inspired by your upbringing and how you have taken the role of
First Lady and showed nothing but grace. You are amazing and unique. I admire you strength,
courage intelligence, and your take charge spirit. I would love the opportunity to meet you if only for a
few seconds. I imagine how it would be. It is very humbling your work with people and how you
served your community. You are definitely to be commended for your work against childhood obesity
through your Let’s Move initiative. Your made us (black girls) no longer invisible. You made it OK to
speak properly, dress conservatively on the world’s stage through your speech, and fierce dress. I
will always remember.
“Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
~Michelle Obama
Sincerely,
Doneisha, mysocalledsouthernlife.blogspot.com

munity andhttp://www.firstladies.org/biographies/firstladies.aspx?
What inspires you about my first lady? I am Doneisha and this is my so-called southern life.
Affairs

2 comments:

  1. i aspire to be even just half as cool and fashionable as mrs obama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FLOTUS is the epitome of #classy

    ReplyDelete